Following on from my last update, I’m pleased to say the draft Foundation Standard module is ready and we’re inviting practices to test it out by participating in the module pilot. Read the full invitation to participate in the pilot.
Participate in the pilot
We’re now inviting practices to participate in a four to six-month pilot of the Foundation Standard module. We’ve developed a couple of resources to help guide your practice with this decision:
• This flowchart been designed to help your practice decide whether to participate in the pilot or wait until the new modules are rolled out from October 2019
• FAQs are located on our project webpage
We want the new modules to meet the needs of practices – so please consider participating in the pilot. Your input will help shape the final Foundation Standard module.
If your practice is interested in participating in the pilot, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 3 May 2019.
Helpful feedback for the Quality team
When providing feedback on the draft Foundation Standard module, it would be helpful to consider:
- Have we taken out indicators or criteria that should be left in?
- Are there indicators or criteria that would fit better in the CORNERSTONE® Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) or General Practice module? Or any should be taken out?
- Are there indicators or criteria that are unclear?
- Is the required evidence easy to understand?
- Are there any additional training needs that should be compulsory?
- Does the guidance help you understand the criteria and required evidence?
- Are there any additional references that would be helpful to include?
The easiest way to provide feedback is to download the Foundation Standard module, add comments and suggestions to the document and send it to email@example.com. Alternatively, you can email us your comments and suggestions.
We will be continually improving the Foundation Standard module before it’s finalised, and we would appreciate feedback on how we can do this.
Modules being piloted
We’re inviting practices to test our new modules. Here’s what we’ll be piloting:
- Foundation Standard module – ready now, view the draft Foundation Standard module
- Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) module – pilot module expected to be available in June 2019
- Practice chosen modules:
o Teaching Practice – pilot module expected to be available in May 2019
o General Practice and Minor Surgery – pilot modules expected to be available in June 2019
Further modules will be added at a later date.
We have a project webpage on the College website which includes an overview of the project, FAQs, links to previous updates, and the latest information.
If you have any questions about the project or the pilot, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Foundation and CORNERSTONE® Simplification Project