The Ministry of Health has contracted Allen + Clarke to review and update five clinical maternity guidelines to provide nationally consistent, evidence-based advice. The five guidelines to be updated are:
- Guidelines for Consultation with Obstetric and Related Medical Services (Referral Guidelines), 2012
- Observation of Mother and Baby in the Immediate Postnatal Period: Consensus Statements Guiding Practice, 2012
- National Consensus Guideline for Treatment of Postpartum Haemorrhage (PPH), 2013
- Screening, Diagnosis and Management of Gestational Diabetes in New Zealand: A clinical practice guideline (the GDM guideline), 2014, and
Diagnosis and Treatment of Hypertension and Pre-eclampsia in Pregnancy in New Zealand: A clinical practice guideline, 2018.
To guide Allen + Clarke’s work, a multidisciplinary Steering Group will be established. This Group will provide guidance to the team throughout the review and update of the guidelines. The Terms of Reference are available on request.
Details of the role
- The Maternity Guidelines Review Steering Group will have a maximum of 12 members
- The Steering Group nominee will be representing the College.
- Ideally, this person would be an experienced GP and, if possible, someone with expertise in maternity and two or more of the subject areas covered by the five guidelines. Further expertise/experience in Māori or Pacifica health would be beneficial.
- The maternity Guidelines Review Steering Group will operate from January 2021 until June 2022.
- The group will meet up to five times via ZOOM. The first meeting will be held face-to-face in Wellington, in February 2021.
- A fee of $325 (ex GST) will be paid for attendance at meetings. This is based upon a full day meeting including travel time and meeting preparation as face-to-face meetings are expected to be half day meetings only.
- Travel to meetings, if necessary, will be arranged by the Ministry of Health. Any additional travel expenses incurred will be reimbursed including taxis, mileage (at the rate of .62C per km) and parking. Meal expenses will not be paid
To apply, please email your completed application form and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4 December.
The terms of reference are available on request.