Education Designer, Academic Team
• Wellington based
• Permanent, full-time
The Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners (the College) is recruiting an Education Designer to join the Academic team.
The successful applicant will develop and maintain high quality learning resources for the delivery of the General Practice Education Programme and the Rural Hospital Medicine Training Programme.
View full job description
Skills, experience and attributes
We’re looking for candidates with:
- A tertiary qualification and a minimum experience of five years in vocational training or equivalent
- Extensive experience in educational design for blended learning
- Proven knowledge and experience in authoring tools for e-learning and related technology
- Proven experience in the use of a learning management system
- Demonstrated success in delivering and implementing processes and systems
- Excellent editing and proof-reading skills
- Project management experience would be beneficial
- Experience in the health sector would be desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work independently with strong problem-solving skills
- The ability to adapt to changing business priorities and work collaboratively to prioritise and execute tasks
- Understands the College’s obligation and Government’s policy on the Treaty of Waitangi and applies knowledge in decision-making
What is on offer
- A Fantastic opportunity to work with a professional membership organisation
- A dynamic team culture where staff produce excellent results
The College is the professional body and postgraduate educational institute for general practitioners (GPs) and rural hospital doctors. Our 65 operational staff support approximately 5,500 College members with an aim to improve health outcomes and reduce health inequities.
Our commitment to equity and diversity
Ki te hunga e āta whakaaro ana ki te tuku i te pukapuka tono mō te tūranga nei. He Kāreti tēnei e kaingākau ana ki te reo me ngā tikanga Māori. Mehemea e manawanui ana koe ki te āwhina i te Kāreti ki te whakatutuki i te mana hauora taurite, tēnā koa tukua mai to tono.
We want our College team to reflect the diversity of Aotearoa-New Zealand and the communities that our people serve and work in. We acknowledge the impacts of inequitable health systems and care on Māori as tangata whenua, and on other groups, and we are addressing these as part of our strategic direction. Applicants with additional skills in te reo and tikanga Māori and experience in working in Māori contexts are most welcome. As an employer we also seek to attract staff with diverse backgrounds, experiences, skills and perspectives, and to welcome and value and respect their contributions to our work and workplace.
How to apply
To apply for this position please email your application form, cover letter and CV to email@example.com
For a confidential discussion about this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at 5pm on Friday 7 August 2020.