Becoming a teaching practice
To become a teaching practice, you must first:
- Achieve Foundation certification and/or Cornerstone accreditation (see section below for more details)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest in hosting a registrar
Quality programme certification and/or accreditation
All practices have been transitioned onto the new Quality framework as of 1 April 2020.
All practices are projected to complete their new requirements by December 2022.
During this transitional process, the following is relevant for practices wishing to host a GPEP registrar:
- All GPEP year 1 registrars are required to be hosted in a Cornerstone accredited teaching practice.
- It is recommended GPEP year 2 and registrars are placed in a Cornerstone accredited teaching practice, but it is not compulsory. They may be placed in Foundation certified practices. GPEP year 2 and 3 registrars are not required to be placed in a teaching practice or have an assigned teacher.
- By December 2022, all registrars will be required to be placed in a practice that has:
- Cornerstone accreditation
- Has completed the Cornerstone Teaching module
- An assigned teacher for GPEP 1 Registrars and
- Committed to providing a supportive training environment to all GPEP year 2 and 3 registrars