COVID-19 update included in ePulse.
- The College distributed information to members regarding funding for practices during this time.
- FAQs published on the College website.
Medical Director update to members about vaccine supply.
- President update to members about Ministry of Health funding.
- Message to GPEP registrars and medical educators to advise suspension of the programme.
Dr Samantha Murton and Dr Bryan Betty interviewed on TVNZ, RNZ, Stuff, NZ Herald coverage (and others) about the reduction of in-person consultations
- College issued a press release, ‘GPs open for business – but changing the way they see patients.
- President update to members about alert levels three and four.
- The College announcement was the second story on Newshub and got coverage in most mainstream media channels e.g. TVNZ, Stuff, RNZ, NZ Herald.
College President and Medical Director hosted webinar about reducing in-person consultations.
College advised GPs to reduce their in-person consultations by 70 percent in a bid to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
President update to members about ACC and WINZ certificates
Sent press release supporting the Governments $500 million budget for health. View press release.
Sent a press release supporting the an on mass gatherings. View press release
Dr Samantha Murton shares a message from the Director General of Health regarding border controls, the case definition and GPs’ ability to order tests
- College announces new date of postponed conference, yet to be confirm if it will be under the WONCA brand. View announcement.
- Dr Samantha Murton updates members about College activities, including the introduction of a new email@example.com email address.
Sent message regarding airline staff to all members, and created firstname.lastname@example.org email address.
College President Dr Sam Murton hosts a third coronavirus webinar featuring MOH Chief Clinical Advisor Dr Juliet Rumball-Smith and Dr Richard Chen, Urgent Care Physician. View summary.
Dr Bryan Betty speaks to TVNZ about the possibility of retired doctors returning to work to help with Coronavirus.
Dr Bryan Betty speaks to TV3 about Coronavirus.
Dr Bryan Betty speaks to TV3, The Project, RNZ Afternoons about Coronavirus.
Dr Bryan Betty speaks to Waikato Times, NZ Doctor, Stuff, Newstalk ZB about Coronavirus.
The Board agreed to postpone the WONCA 2020 Asia Pacific Region conference the College is co-hosting. Dr Samantha Murton speaks to Mediaworks, Newstalk ZB, Stuff and NZ Doctor. Other outlets report the story too.
College Medical Director Dr Bryan Betty updates members on his work with the Ministry’s coronavirus Technical Advisory Group. A Primary Care Subgroup has been established.