The Greg Judkins Prize for Reflective Poetry 2019 - calling all Registrars
1 May 2019
In honour of Dr Greg Judkins, who for more than 30 years has encouraged registrars to use poetry as a medium to reflect on their practise, the College is proud to present the Greg Judkins Prize for Reflective Poetry 2019.
Please note that the competition is limited to GPEP Registrars. Fellows and Distinguished Fellows are not eligible.
There are two categories to enter:
Three short, non-rhyming lines
Rhyming or non-rhyming verse, to a maximum of 30 lines.
The theme this year is “Surprised” and the winner will receive a cash prize and a book of poetry
Send your poem to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your full name, address and contact phone number with your entry. The competition is open from 13 May to 13 June 2019.
- Entry is limited to registrars (GPEP1 or GPEP2/3) who are Members of The Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners during the competition period.
- Poems submitted must be original, entirely the work of the entrant and not previously published anywhere.
- Only poems submitted in the form described in the competition publicity are eligible for judging.
- Only poems received by the notified closing date and time to the address given in the competition publicity are eligible for judging.
- The prize will be awarded by the judges to one poem entered in the competition.
- By entering the competition, entrants agree to the winning poem being read aloud as part of the Prize ceremony.
- The winner will be announced during The Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners’ annual Conference for General Practice at the Registrars' breakfast on Sat 27 July in Dunedin.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.