Ahead of GP19 in Dunedin, we had a chat with keynote speaker Dr Mobasher Butt, a UK-based GP and Medical Director of the innovative digital consultation platform, Babylon. Dr Butt will be giving a keynote address at the conference, titled “The digital transformation of primary care: A global perspective”
1. What are you most looking forward to about the Conference for General Practice 2019?
I'm excited to hear the other keynotes which have much cooler titles than my presentation, and meeting all the delegates!
2. Can you tell us a bit about what you will be speaking about at the Conference?
I will be sharing a digital perspective on Primary care, showing how it is possible to transform both patient and clinician experiences in primary care using cutting edge technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, and how Babylon has gone about doing this in numerous settings around the globe.
3. What are you hoping delegates will take away from your presentation?
I really hope delegates feel inspired and enthused about how technology can make a positive on primary care globally, and how we can use it to not only strengthen health systems, but change behaviours and promote health..
4. Technology is rapidly changing the way health care is delivered. If you could share one piece of advice for New Zealand doctors about dealing with this change, what would it be?
Learn as much about the technology as possible, so you can decide for yourself on the digital interventions that would benefit you and your patients
5. What else are you planning to do while you’re in NZ?
Getting out into the great outdoors and going snowboarding!